Rivers & Rainbows
|South Luangwa||Kapani Lodge ||2 nights|
|South Luangwa||Kakuli Camp ||3 nights|
|South Luangwa||Kapani Lodge ||2 nights |
8 days from £2650
International flights NOT included - see below
Enjoy a week's safari in South Luangwa in the 'Emerald Season'. The rainy season is not suitable for walking safaris or game drives but the grass is lush and green and birds are out in force, many in full breeding plumage. Enjoy river trips on the Luangwa. Prices are much lower at this time of the year.
Recommended flight from London: Emirates from London Heathrow via Dubai to Lusaka (see below). If you are travelling from a country other than the UK we would be happy to give you guidance on your flight options.
DAY 1 - Arrival in Lusaka. Fly to South Luangwa National Park.
You will be met at Lusaka Airport by a representative of World Discovery and escorted onto your 1 hour flight
to Mfuwe, gateway to South Luangwa National Park, considered to be Zambia’s best gameviewing area. You will
be met by your safari guide at Mfuwe Airport and driven to Kapani Lodge in time
to settle in before lunch.
Meals included: Dinner.
DAYS 2 TO 7 - South Luangwa National Park.
Enjoy the South Luangwa at its most dramatic and beautiful. During the 'Emerald Season' the bush is in its fullest flush of growth, rivers and lagoons are
brimming and boating safaris take you eye to eye with hippos and crocodiles. Magnificent skyscapes and sunsets, a wealth of migratory birds,
crystal clear night skies and occasional dramatic tropical downpours
provide the back drop for a safari during the most exciting time to be
in the South Luangwa Valley. Kapani Lodge and Kakuli Bush Camp - the only true bush camp open in the Emerald
Season - provide a unique and unforgettable safari experience for
photographers, wildlife and bird enthusiasts, as well as those who are
looking for new adventure in Africa.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner each day.
DAY 8 - Depart.
A final day at Kapani before making your way to Mfuwe
Airport for your domestic flight back
to Lusaka to connect with your onward flight.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch.
There are currently no direct flights from the U.K. to Zambia. We recommend the services of Emirates from London Heathrow via Dubai to Lusaka. Current timings (subject to possible change) are as follows:
Heathrow/Dubai. Depart at 20.15; arrive Dubai at 07.00 (next day)
Dubai/Lusaka. Depart at 09.25; arrive Lusaka at 14.35
Lusaka/Dubai. Depart at 21.40; arrive Dubai at 06.50 (next day)
Dubai/eathrow. Depart at 09.40; arrive Heathrow at 13.35
There are also flights from London Gatwick andother UK regional airports to Dubai on Emirates.
You can book the flights yourself on the easy-to-use Emirates website. Alternatively World Discovery can book the flights for you (we levy a service charge of £25 per person for this service).
Zambia Safaris: Rivers & Rainbows (Reference: WDZM003)
Price per person based on a minimum of two persons travelling together:
|20 Jan to 5 Apr ||£2650 |
Single Room Supplement on request.
The price includes:
- Flights within Zambia: Lusaka - Mfuwe - Lusaka, including airport taxes.
- Hotel, lodge and tented accommodation as listed above in twin-bedded or double rooms with ensuite facilites.
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners as shown in the itinerary.
- Soft drinks, house wine, local beer, teas and coffees at Kapani and Kakuli (premium wines and champagne are charged to the guests' account). Room and breakfast only in Lusaka.
- Transportation throughout: this will be shared as appropriate with other guests at the camps.
- All sightseeing and gameviewing as shown, including guiding and National Park entrance fees.
Not included in the price:
- International flights (see our recommendation above). We are happy to discuss the flights with you and give you further guidance.
- International airport taxes.
- Tipping. We will give you guidance on this often sensitive matter.
- A Zambian visa. This can be purchased on arrival in cash. Current cost is US$50 per person.
A deposit of 25% of the selling price is required at the time of booking, plus the cost of the international airfare and service charge if World Discovery is booking the flights on your behalf. The balance of the price for your Zambia Safari arrangements must be paid at least 8 weeks before your departure date.