Timeless South Africa
|Cape Town||Vineyard ||3 nights|
|Oudtshoorn ||The Thorntree ||2 nights |
|Knysna ||Belvidere Manor ||2 nights |
|Kariega||Ukhozi Lodge ||2 nights |
Click on the name of the hotel or lodge for details
10 days from £1225
International flights NOT included - see below
All the Beauty of Cape Town, the Garden Route and the African Wilderness
On this 10 day self-drive holiday you will enjoy the diversity of Cape Town before setting off on a relaxing journey through the Garden Route finishing off in style with a luxurious stay in the malaria-free Kariega Game Reserve.
- Experience Africa’s most beautiful city with its beautiful mountains and beaches, trendy coffee shops and fine restaurants, fascinating historical sites and diverse cultures
- Relish the scenic splendour of the Garden Route with its stunning mountains and lagoons, forests and beaches, and enjoy the many, diverse attractions of one of South Africa’s most treasured regions
- Enjoy an authentic luxury African safari in a pristine private game reserve offering exceptional Big 5 game-viewing from open vehicles and river boat cruises
Recommended flight from London: British Airways from London Heathrow (see below). If you are travelling from a country other than the UK we would be happy to give you guidance on your flight options.
DAY 1 – Arrival in Cape Town.
On arrival at Cape Town's International Airport you will be met outside customs and immigration by a representative of World Discovery and taken by private car direct to your hotel. Your rental vehicle will be delivered to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure.
We recommend the direct services of British Airways from London
Heathrow. Flights are daily throughout the year. Current timings are as follows:
Heathrow/Cape Town. Depart at 21.30; arrive Cape Town at 09.55 (next day)
Port Elizabeth/Johannesburg. Depart at 13.30; arrive Johannesburg at 15.05*
Johannesburg/Heathrow. Depart at 19.05; arrive Heathrow at 05.05 (next day)
Virgin Atlantic also offer daily flights between London Heathrow and both Cape Town and Johannesburg.
* The Cape Town/Johannesburg flight is operated by Comair and may be booked via the British Airways 'Multi-city' option along with the British Airways international flights.
You can book the flights yourself on the easy-to-use British Airways website. South African Airways also offer daily flights from London Heathrow to Johannesburg. Alternatively World Discovery can book the flights for you (we levy a service charge of £25 per person for this service).
South Africa Holidays: Timeless South Africa (Reference: WDSA002)
Price per person based on a minimum of two persons travelling together:
Jan to Apr
May to Aug
Oct to Dec*
* Supplements will apply during the Christmas and New Year periods.
Single Room Supplements on request.
The price includes:
- Hotel and lodge accommodation as listed above in twin-bedded or double rooms (please let us know which you prefer) with private facilities.
- 9 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners as shown in the itinerary.
- Private transfer on arrival in Cape Town.
- 10 days' car rental (based on Group D vehicle - VW Polo 1.6 or similar). Upgrades are available to larger cars.
- Shared transportation at Ukhozi Safari Lodge with an experienced ranger and tracker.
- All gameviewing as shown (unless indicated as ‘optional’), including entrance fees.
Not included in the price:
- International and domestic flights (see our recommendation above). We are happy to discuss the flights with you and give you further guidance.
- International airport taxes.
- Optional sightseeing. The World Discovery representatives in South Africa will be pleased to organise any additional sightseeing you may wish to include during your stay.
- Tipping. We will give you guidance in this often sensitive matter.
A deposit of £250 per person is required at the time of booking, plus the cost of the international airfare and service charge if World Discovery is booking the flights on your behalf. . The balance of the price for your South Africa holiday must be paid at least 8 weeks before your departure date.