Ras Kutani Beach Resort
The Ras Kutani Beach Resort is an idyllic beach getaway located on the tranquil Indian Ocean. Long stretches of pristine beach and warm blue seas offer relaxation after the excitement of a safari.
Set on a crescent of white sandy beach, flanked by a freshwater lagoon and a coastal forest, approximately 35km south of Dar es-Salaam.
9 spacious and charming cottages (pictured below) - each individually handcrafted using local, natural materials - situated beneath the cooling canopy of indigenous trees and offering ocean and lagoon views. 8ft wide double beds with bedside tables. En suite bathrooms and large dressing area. Large front veranda with Swahili daybeds and hammocks.
There are also (for a supplementary cost) 4 large suites, set on the hills above the beach with sweeping views and private plunge pools. The resort has 1 family unit comprising two connected cottages with a shared living area situated on top of the hill with sweeping 180 degree views.
Savour freshly prepared ‘Fruits of the Indian Ocean’ and succulent Pan-African cuisine.
Relaxation is definitely the keynote.
* Massage and spa treatments.
* For the more active there is body boarding, and snorkeling from the shore. Or you may explore the fresh water lagoon on a kayak.
* Nature walks through the indigenous coastal forest, or along the pristine shore.
* Guided walks to local inland or fishing village along the coast (subject to tides).
* Turtle hatching in nests adjacent to lodge (February to July).
* The coastal forest, amongst one of the most biodiverse on earth, is home to colobus, vervet and sykes monkey as well as baboons, wild pigs and the elusive civet cats.
* Fine birdwatching and lepidoptery.