Ceylon Tea Trails
Ceylon Tea Trails, Sri Lanka's first Relais & Chateaux resort, comprises four luxurious colonial era tea planters' bungalows, connected by walking trails through stunningly beautiful Ceylon tea gardens.
Each of the four bungalows is different. Summerville with an air of a country cottage, Castlereagh with an eclectic style of its own, the high colonial Tientsin, one of the first planter's residences to be built in Ceylon and the more modern Norwood; abounding with 50's character. 21 exquisite rooms and suites in all. Built between 1888 and 1950, the bungalows offer a taste of gracious living thanks to butler service and period furnishings, accompanied by gourmet meals. Trek, bike or picnic at spectacular locations each day in cool comfort.
Left: Castlereagh Lake viewed from Summerville.
Your day starts with the tradition of Bed Tea served by your Butler, who will also draw your bath. Your Chef will then suggest meals based on fresh produce and home grown vegetables and herbs. Guests can indulge in dishes from western fare to traditional Sri Lankan classics and tea inspired dishes. The afternoon cream tea is to die for!
Rates at Tea Trails are fully inclusive of gourmet meals and drinks, including top shelf spirits and wines. Even service charges, taxes and laundry are included. You won’t be bothered by bills!
- English or Sri Lankan breakfast
- Traditional afternoon cream tea (scones, clotted cream, jams, cakes)
- 3-course lunch or Sri Lankan rice & curry (gourmet packed lunch if on excursion)
- Pre-dinner cocktails
- 4-course gourmet dinner
- Snacks and nibbles at anytime
- A selection of international wines
- Premium spirits and liqueurs
- Beer, juices and soft drinks
- Tea and coffee
- Laundry and phone calls in Sri Lanka
- "Tea Experience" tea fields and factory tour with our Planter in Residence
- Bungalow amenities including Wi-Fi
- All taxes and service charges
Above: Bedroom of the Bretherton Garden Suite at Tientsin.
Experience the varied landscapes, exotic flora, abundant birdlife and the sweet rhythm of life in a tea garden. A leisurely walk, an adventure trek or a challenging mountain bike ride provide rewards of vistas of mountain lakes, manicured tea gardens, forests and doll's house villages.
Below: Terrace at Norwood.